Full-Time ∙ Contract ∙ Remote
Looking for a rewarding career to make meaningful change? For more than 25 years, ZERO has been a powerful force fighting for a cure and providing critical support to patients and families. As the leading national nonprofit with the mission to end prostate cancer, ZERO advances research, improves the lives of all who are impacted by the disease, and inspires action. Recognized for the past eight years as Best Nonprofits to Work For by the NonProfit Times, it is clear we make supporting our team a top priority. Our commitment to providing an award-winning culture that fosters growth, camaraderie, and diversity is unwavering. ZERO’s high responsibility and high freedom philosophy helps team members excel professionally and thrive personally while making a life-saving difference for those impacted by this devastating disease. Working at ZERO means more than a job, it means being part of an incredible community of people that inspires each other every day.
ZERO is seeking a Temporary Assistant to join the Development team. The ideal candidate is a motivated, highly organized, adaptable team player with an interest in building and cultivating donor relationships. This position requires attention to detail, strong communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced workflow. The chosen candidate will have a positive attitude, passion, and excitement for building relationships and furthering ZERO’s fundraising efforts.
ZERO strives to empower our team through three key values which are being humble, hungry, and smart. Our team members demonstrate they are humble by working together and defining success collectively. They are hungry to advance our mission while going above and beyond. In addition, they are emotionally smart by understanding how their actions impact others.
- Fulfill campaigns and donor-related mailings.
- Cultivate donor and fundraiser relationships via telephone, email, and hand-written notes.
- Recruit, cultivate relationships, and coach Grow & Give No-Shave November campaign participants and donors.
- Assist with data entry and other administrative support tasks as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a professional demeanor and strong time management skills.
- Excellent and well-demonstrated handwriting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use and adapt to various platforms/technology quickly.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment.
- Enthusiastic, proactive, and self-motivated with a good sense of humor.
- Exemplify ZERO’s culture of humble, hungry, and smart.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in customer service, fundraising, or cultivating relationships.
- Training or experience in administrative or customer service.
- Training or experience in fundraising and donor relations experience is a plus.
- Constant use of a computer and other office productivity equipment, such as computer printer, calculator, and copier.
- Prolonged periods of a stationary position at least 50% of the time.
- The ability to recognize details at close range for extended periods of time.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
This role will report directly to the Manager, Donor Relations to support ZERO’s mission to end prostate cancer.
This temporary position is anticipated to start late June 2022 and go through mid-January 2023. Must be available to work full-time Monday through Friday and some evenings and weekends as needed.
This position is based remotely and candidates may live in any area. However, preference will be given to those who live within the greater D.C. metro area.
ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees. We encourage BIPOC, Veterans, individuals with Disabilities and those affected by prostate cancer to apply. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to LaTondria Carter, Director, Human Resources at 202-935-5938 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further consideration, email your resume, cover letter, and salary expectation to email@example.com with “Assistant, Fundraising & Development” as the subject line. To learn more about ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer, visit zerocancer.org.