ZERO is seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic professional with a strong sense of initiative and excellent written communication skills to join our team as an Administrator of Grants. The Administrator of Grants role, a newly created position at ZERO, was designed to establish new revenue sources from private and public foundations, government entities, and corporations to fund organizational objectives and meet program needs. In addition, this position will be the manager, author, processor and tracker for all written corporate sponsorship and grant requests across all programs, events, and activities.
Mission Funding Responsibilities:
- Serve as the lead staffer to secure written funding with the overall responsibility for foundation and corporate grant proposal development, including proposal research, writing, budgets, and submittals across all programs, events and activities
- Expand the organization’s funding opportunities through the research and pursuit of new funding streams to meet new programmatic activity demands
- Update current patient support funding proposals to include measurable objectives, patient access metrics, disparities, targeted populations, etc.
- Assist with developing partnership relationships to include participating in funding conference calls and traveling to meet funders in person
- Make effective presentations to funders and other stakeholders, as needed
- Support the individual donor development function, as needed, with the creation of major individual donor proposals
Tracking and Reporting Responsibilities:
- Maintain organization grant and sponsorship funding calendar: submissions, renewals, reports, deliverables, funding projected and received
- Develop and post funding status tracker to keep Team Leaders and local Chapter Directors informed of all proposal opportunities and results
- Maintain the Raiser’s Edge database for all foundation and corporate funding proposals and letters of inquiry sent or correspondence and communications received.
- Create system for grant prospect research and tracking
- Bachelor’s Degree, plus 4-6 years of experience in a major giving environment around health issues with experience in securing funding from varied sources
- Knowledge of restricted fund accounting principles, procedures, and standards along with ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections
- Excellent written and analytical skills in order to shape ideas and concepts into sound grant proposals
- Understanding of donor cultivation and stewardship, and major giving competencies
- Knowledge of trends, techniques and practices in corporate and foundation fundraising
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization with a team approach in all aspects of the position
To apply for this position, please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include “Administrator of Grants” in the subject line.
ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is the leading national nonprofit with the mission to end prostate cancer. ZERO advances research, improves the lives of men and families, and inspires action. We’re building Generation ZERO, the first generation of men free from prostate cancer, through our national run/walk series, education and patient support programs, and grassroots advocacy. ZERO is a 501(c)(3) philanthropic organization, accredited by the Better Business Bureau, with regional chapters across the country. As a recipient of the Nonprofit Time’s Best Nonprofits to Work For award for six straight years, ZERO believes that top performers deserve top benefits. Our employees enjoy a generous benefits package including competitive salaries, untracked PTO, 100% employer-paid health care, a monthly travel stipend for Alexandria based employees, matching retirement contributions, flexible spending accounts, a casual work environment, and more. For additional information, visit our website at www.zerocancer.org.