Social Media Intern
ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is a national non-profit organization dedicated to ending prostate cancer. Our mission is to save lives and stop pain and suffering by advancing research, encouraging action, and providing education and support to prostate cancer patients and their families.
ZERO is currently seeking a motivated and dedicated individual to assist our Marketing & Communications Team.
Though the internship is unpaid, the intern will learn and gain hands-on experience under the guidance of experienced professionals.
- Supporting social media program by maintaining a calendar of events, a list of ideas for posts and tweets, and outreach tactics
- Designing graphics in Canva for use in social media posts
- Collecting content for our Journey to ZERO blog series which could include interviewing patients and their caregivers, as well as drafting the blog
- Pulling metrics from all social media platforms
- Updating content on ZERO’s website
- Video production possibilities
- Other tasks as assigned
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Loves creating attention-grabbing social media posts
- Strong computer skills and a quick learner of new technology
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a good sense of humor
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
- Interest in learning about and sharing in our mission
- Loves being on ALL social media platforms
Part-time internships are available between the hours of 9 am-5 pm, Monday through Friday. With communication, the start and end days of the internship are flexible.
Interested applicants should email email@example.com with a resume and cover letter. Please include ‘Marketing & Communications Internship’ in the subject line. Please include the job site that referred you to this position in your cover letter.
There is nothing more important than your and your family’s safety and well-being. Like many institutions and organizations across the country, ZERO implemented a work from home policy beginning on March 12, 2020 and continuing until further notice. We have been monitoring the COVID-19 issue with great scrutiny and we believe that this is the best course of action for ZERO and ZERO staff.
As for the ZERO Internship Program, we want to assure you that your educational experience at ZERO is still important to us.