The impact of COVID-19 is being felt by many. Whether you need help understanding your coverage options, finding sources of financial aid, or connecting with emotional support, ZERO360 is here for you in navigating your prostate cancer journey, especially during the COVID-19 outbreak. We want to help ensure that men and their families are aware of all of the resources available to them, so below are several additional resources that will continually be updated to help with finances, access to care, and safety surrounding COVID-19 and prostate cancer.
Additional Financial Assistance Resources
Industry Sponsored Patient Assistance Programs
Financial assistance support programs sponsored by industry assist men with financial support to pay for the prostate cancer medication, testing, durable medical equipment (DME), and other products and services that the companies manufacture. Each program is different so it is important to contact programs individually to learn about what they offer and if you are eligible for assistance. If you need help determining which program is right for you, ask your doctor’s office for the name of the manufacturer of your treatment. Below are links and numbers to programs that provide assistance for several frequently prescribed prostate cancer treatments and their relevant prostate cancer treatment(s).
- AbbVie Patient Assistance Foundation (Lupron)
- Amgen Assist
- Astellas/Pfizer – Xtandi Support Solutions (Xtandi)
- Bayer (Xofigo)
- Johnson and Johnson Patient Assistance Program (Erleada and Zytiga)
- Sanofi Patient Connection (Taxotere and Jevtana)
- Tolmar Total Solutions (Eligard)
- 877-354-4273, Option 2
- NeedyMeds helps provides members with various drug discounts. They also have regular webinars and other educational materials on managing the costs of medicine.
- RxAssist runs a comprehensive database of patient assistance programs as well as tools, news, and articles so that patients can find the information they need.
- RxHope provides a patient assistance program to support low income US residents with covering their prescriptions for free or low cost.
Charitable Foundations Offering Prostate Cancer Support
- Patient Access Network Foundation
- The PAN Foundation provides financial assistance grants to qualified prostate cancer patients insured by Medicare. PAN has provided travel assistance to men with prostate cancer.
- 866-316-PANF (7263)
- Healthwell Foundation COVID-19 Fund
- COVID-19 Ancillary Costs
- Phone applications only : (800) 675-8416
- Emergency Food Assistance
- Financial assistance for food or assistance by food delivery
Additional COVID-19 Resources
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- COVID-19 Symptom Checker
- Prepare for medical appointments
- Prostate cancer patients and their loved ones can use this helpful guide to learn what to expect from upcoming telehealth and in-office appointments.
- ExoDX Prostate Test
- Ask your doctor about this simple, non-invasive urine test that can be done at home to assess your risk of having clinically significant high-grade prostate cancer. The ExoDx Prostate Test does not require a digital rectal exam (DRE) and provides an individualized risk score that can help determine to whether to proceed or defer a prostate biopsy