As we navigate the uncertain future brought on by COVID-19, there is one thing that we do know – our collective fight against prostate cancer cannot, and will not, stop. The many prostate cancer patients, survivors, caregivers, and advocates in the ZERO community are a living, breathing testament to strength and determination. This remains especially true during Prostate Cancer Awareness Month (PCAM).
This month, there are many ways to speak up and step out for prostate cancer. Maybe you contact your congressional representative to share your story and the importance of prostate cancer research funding, or you dye your hair blue to start a conversation with neighbors about the disease. Whatever you do, it’s critical to keep raising awareness for the many brave individuals and families impacted by prostate cancer.
Another way to get active in the cause is to join our virtual events. Every weekend in September is a chance to connect and celebrate with your community nationwide and share who inspires you to be #ZEROstrong. Of course, this year’s events and activities will look a little bit different in a virtual world, but I promise that you’ll love what’s coming. Here’s a sneak peek of what to expect:
- Register for an upcoming virtual celebration, happening in cities across the country. At these virtual events, you’ll meet the many faces and hear the many inspiring stories behind this disease. Plus, it’s free to sign up!
- Every Monday in September, we’ll be busting some #MondayMyths around prostate cancer, and on Fridays we’ll be sharing some #FridayFacts. Head to ZERO’s Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or Twitter to be in the know. (And remember – share, like, and comment to help spread awareness!)
- Tune into an educational webinar with a urologist and patient about health disparities for prostate cancer in Black men on Tuesday, Sept. 9.
- Give a gift to help prostate cancer patients and their families who are in desperate need during COVID-19. All donations will be doubled through Sept. 30 — will you help us raise $30K in 30 days?
- Want more ideas? Download this handy sheet with some tips, and pose for a photo with the sign on the back!
Your generous support and assistance during PCAM and year round are making an incredible difference. Because of you, we will emerge better, stronger, and together. I can’t wait to see what this month brings with YOU in it! You are #ZEROstrong!