Each November, men and women are encouraged to get funky with their follicles to draw attention to prostate cancer! By tricking-out tresses, Grow & Give participants can raise money for prostate cancer, while wearing an obvious conversation starter. Whether you rock a blue wig, shave a cancer ribbon into your buzzcut, or get a creative cut, odds are someone will ask you what’s up with your hair. If you’re scratching your head deciding what look you’re going to show off this month, here are some fun ideas:
- Grow! One of the best ways to raise money during Grow & Give is with some healthy competition. See how long you can grow your beard, mustache, or hair by challenging friends and family to a competition. Have everyone bet $5 on who will have the longest facial hair by the end of the month, and you’re on your way to fundraising for patients in need.Fun fact: According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the longest human head of hair ever recorded was almost 19 feet long! Think you can beat it?
- Shave! If you are looking to keep your beard clean shaved, or maybe want to try a fresh design on your head, here are some essentials to keep in your shaving kit: A shave brush, beard and mustache scissors, a beard trimmer, shaving cream, and a safety razor. YouTube has lots of great how-tos if it’s your first time shaving your head, or maybe your first time trusting your partner to do it for you. Whatever you do, we’re sure it’ll look great!
- Dye! Take your support to the next level by dying your facial hair blue to raise awareness for this disease. It’s easy to be bold for blue with semi-permanent dye that’s quick to put on and easy to remove. And, if you shop on AmazonSmile this Grow & Give, your purchase will benefit ZERO! Be sure to make ZERO your charity of choice when buying this highly-rated vegan and cruelty-free blue hair dye!
- Wig it out! Get wiggy with it! Wigs allow you to change up your look as much as you want, and are a great conversation starter. No one can resist asking about a blue mohawk wig! AmazonSmile has lots of great blue wigs to choose from, but this blue rockstar wig is one of the ZERO staff’s favorites!
- Chop! Is there one totally nuts hairstyle you’ve always wanted to try but never had the gall? Well now is the time, since it’s for a good cause! Whatever you choose to do, you’ll support patients who desperately need your camaraderie, and will appreciate you lifting their spirits!
We can’t wait to see what your new look is! Send photos of your new ‘do to firstname.lastname@example.org or post on social media using the hashtag #GrowandGive. Thank you for being cHAIRitable during this critical time. You’re making a stylish difference in the lives of men and family — you rock!