Bank of America Chicago Marathon
Registration for this event has closed.
Date & Time:
Race Start: 7:30 AM
Event Organizer's Website
Put on your running shoes!
Register now for this exciting event by joining the ZERO Prostate Cancer Endurance Team. ZERO hopes to have a team of 15-20 runners at the 2013 Bank of America Chicago Marathon, which runs through the streets of Chicago’s neighborhood with a start and finish in Chicago’s Grant Park.
Each year more than 40,000 athletes take the challenge and participate in the Bank of America Chicago Marathon. Please join our ZERO Prostate Cancer Endurance team for this competition on Sunday, October 13, 2013 and conquer this challenge while raising money to fight prostate cancer. The fundraising minimum is $750.
Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of male cancer death, killing a man every 18 minutes. Yet, there is hope: 99 percent survive when it's caught early. Proceeds raised by the ZERO Prostate Cancer Endurance Team will support ZERO — The End of Prostate Cancer and its mission to end prostate cancer through awareness, outreach, advocacy and research. ZERO operates the Drive Against Prostate Cancer—the only national mobile testing program for the disease. Since the Drive began in 2002, we have tested more than 100,000 men and saved an estimated 11,000 lives through early detection. ZERO has also worked to infuse more than $2 billion of new federal funding for prostate cancer research to find a cure.
- ZERO pays the cost of your entry into the race
- Supportive group of teammates
- Your own personal fundraising website
- List-serv developed so team members can communicate with each other
- Fundraising advice and support up to, during and after the race
- Technical Shirt (will be mailed to you after you raise $500)
- ZERO Pullover
- "In Honor of" or "In Memory of" Bib Number (to place on your back during the race – to thank those who donated to you)
- The opportunity to make your fitness goals a reality in this great event
- Travel reimbursement of $500 (for those who raise more than $3,000)
- ZERO sponsored Pre-Race or Post-Race Lunch/Dinner (to be chosen by participants)
- $25 registration fee – this will go toward your fundraising minimum
- Must join the ZERO Prostate Cancer Endurance Team by May 1
- Minimum fundraising of $750
- Participants who don't raise the fundraising minimum of $750 by September 15 will be asked to cover the remaining costs in order to participate in the race
- Your registration fee is applied to the minimum fundraising requirement
- Participants are required to make their own travel and lodging arrangements
- In the event a participant must withdraw from the race, the registration fee and contributions cannot be refunded
- For event specific details, visit www.chicagomarathon.com